Are the COVID-19 vaccines safe and effective?
Getting the vaccine will help to keep you safe. Through a transparent and rigorous process, the FDA authorized two COVID-19 vaccines for emergency use (Pfizer and Moderna). The FDA deemed both vaccines safe and approximately 95% effective in preventing COVID-19 when completing the full 2-dose series.
How many people must get vaccinated to end the pandemic?
Between 70% and 94% of Texans must receive their COVID-19 vaccinations for the state to reach herd immunity, end the pandemic, and return to life, according to America’s leading medical experts.
When will we get more COVID-19 vaccines?
Pfizer and Moderna have increased their vaccine production. Approximately 200 other COVID-19 vaccines are in various stages of development and clinical trials. We should expect the FDA to authorize or approve additional vaccines in the coming months.
COVID-19 Vaccine Locator
Texas distributes COVID-19 vaccines to approximately 7,000 registered providers throughout the state, including hospitals, pharmacies, local health departments, freestanding ERs, and other clinics.
Texans in high-risk priority groups Phase 1A and Phase 1B can receive the vaccine when it is available. Due to limited supply and inconsistent distribution schedules, a COVID-19 vaccine provider may not have available doses at the time of your request. Contact your health care provider, health department, pharmacy, and COVID‑19 Vaccination Hub Providers daily for updated appointment information.
People may experience frustrations with lack of appointments and wait lists. Please be persistent and patient. We are fighting for you to make sure you have access to a COVID-19 vaccine to protect yourself and your loved ones.
Enter your location in the Texas COVID‑19 Vaccine Availability map to find a COVID-19 vaccine provider near you.
- Pandemic Vaccine Task Force’s Recommendations to Enhance COVID-19 Vaccine Distribution and Access in Texas
- TIP’s COVID-19 FAQs & FACTS
- CDC’s Answering Your Questions About the New COVID-19 Vaccines
- CDC’s Quick Answers for Healthcare Professionals to Common Questions People May Ask About COVID-19 Vaccines
- CDC’s Learn About the New mRNA COVID-19 Vaccines
- Get the Facts about COVID-19 Vaccines
- All about COVID-19 Vaccines (English)
- Todo sobre las acunas COVID-19 (Español)
- COVID-19 백신의 관한 모든것 (Korean)
- 关于 COVID-19 新冠病毒疫苗 (Chinese)